The Springer Theatre Academy continues to offer classes even after summer is over! Classes during the summer focus on overarching skills: musical theatre, improvisation, voice and movement, scene study, and others. Our classes offered during the school year are more specialized and are always different… so be sure to check out our latest class offerings! During these sessions, students can pick and choose which classes to take based on personal interest.
The Springer Theatre Academy offers the following class sessions during the school year:
- Fall Session: 4 consecutive Saturdays: October 8-29th
- Winter Session: 4 consecutive Saturdays in January
- NEW! Spring Break Session: 5 full-day classes, March 20-24
After School and Specialized Programming:
If your school is in the greater Columbus, Georgia area and you are interested in developing after-school drama, arts integration, or other specialized programming, please contact the Springer Theatre Academy! Our core staff of certified teachers are here to work with you.
Spring Break Academy
March 20-24, 2017
MAIN: 5th-12th Grade
9:00am – 5:00pm
The Wizard of Oz !
Lions and tigers and bears: oh my! The Springer Theatre Academy is excited to announce the second year of the SPRING BREAK Academy session! Students of mixed ages will work together on songs, scenes, group numbers, and design elements from The Wizard of Oz in a summer-stock style class. The Spring Break Session is an excellent opportunity to focus on stage skills with a diverse cast (in the same way that professional actors and designers work on a show) while building life skills through teamwork, collaboration, and creativity.
CLICK HERE for Online Registration.
Class size is limited to 30 students.
No audition required.
Lunch may be pre-ordered from Academy or brought from home: $6 day/$30 week.
Information and Policies:
- Payments can be accepted as cash, check, or credit card. All fully online registrations require credit card payment.
- A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required with registration. Without this, your place in the class is not reserved. Separate deposits are due for Winter and Spring classes (a deposit for both is $50).
- Full payment is due on or before the first day of class.
- We accept registrations up to the first day of classes, based on availability.
- NEW STUDENTS receive a Springer t-shirt on the first day of classes. Extra shirts are also available for purchase at check-in.
- Upon registration and deposit, you will receive a confirmation email and balance statement.
- Drop-off and Pick-up will be at the Springer’s McClure Theater lobby on the 1st Ave. side of the building.
To be added to our mailing list contact the Academy Office at 706-324-1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org